This is your property classification and appraisal notice

Quick math on my tax bill, and if GG wins the suit and gets the 95 mils, I will owe an additional $75. Your bill went up $1,200 while still assessing the 77.9 mils. Your outrage seems a little misplaced.😉
I really don't understand how your taxes didn't skyrocket. I thought all of Ravalli County's increased. (I've assumed from your other posts that you live here, maybe not, I guess.)

I really don't understand how your taxes didn't skyrocket. I thought all of Ravalli County's increased. (I've assumed from your other posts that you live here, maybe not, I guess.)
I can't speak for his but I know mine went up because of the increase in property value. However my taxes are almost identical to last year simply because my subdivision decreased the amount we were paying into our account (because we were putting in too much previously). There is more than one thing that can affect the overall tax.

I can't speak for his but I know mine went up because of the increase in property value. However my taxes are almost identical to last year simply because my subdivision decreased the amount we were paying into our account (because we were putting in too much previously). There is more than one thing that can affect the overall tax.
Yeah, I just get pissed because I live in city limits with no HOA but my taxes went through the roof. I feel like city residents get taxed way more--we have to pay for the city infrastructure that the whole county uses.

Valuation's increased. County budget did not increase to the same degree. Ravalli County is fiscally conservative, which results in some of the lowest residential tax rates in the state, and why so many people from overtaxed locations are interested in moving here. It's not rocket science.

Valuation's increased. County budget did not increase to the same degree. Ravalli County is fiscally conservative, which results in some of the lowest residential tax rates in the state, and why so many people from overtaxed locations are interested in moving here. It's not rocket science.
I suppose the key piece of information I was not clear about in my complaint is that I too live in Ravalli County. So the fact that my taxes went up a ton and yours only went up a little is what's confusing me.

It is a reality that you never really "get rid of" your mortgage and get to live free and clear, it just transitions overtime from an actual mortgage to property taxes.

I mean totally 1st world problems, but it's still something to think about for retirement planning.
yeah, which for someone making a teacher's salary, with which I was really hoping to be able to unclench my frugal sphincter once I pay off the house, does not bode well

I hope you write thanks-yous to the rest of the cities in the state that paid for your rebate. ;)
Curious, are there a lot of fundraisers for school stuff?
yeah, which for someone making a teacher's salary, with which I was really hoping to be able to unclench my frugal sphincter once I pay off the house, does not bode well
Sounds like you are part of that "county budget" BHR is talking about.

Teacher salaries are notoriously low in Montana. Yet public schools rank higher here than most states, including Washington.

I would be okay keeping the State mil rate at 95, and using the windfall to give Montana teachers a raise.
Comparative rankings are notoriously inaccurate. Having knowledge of both states, I would say they are pretty equal as long as the kid doesn't need any special help in cognitive areas. In MT, you are SOL in that area without a lot of $$$.

Be interesting to compare your 22 and 23 tax statements to see where the big increases are coming from.
I need to dig it out. But I'm pretty sure it's all from the drastically higher valuation of my house, which again, makes me wonder how you managed to avoid that. Do you live in a yurt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back