Caribou Gear Tarp

MSR Recall Notice

Sytes

Recall worthy or modern day wambulance by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission...

"The recalled models include the MSR Reactor Accessory cooking pot, MSR Trail Lite pot (2 liter), MSR Reactor Stove System (1.7 liter) and the MSR Pocket Rocket Stove Kit. MSR is written on the side of the pots."

The recall is based on the following:
Of the 83,000 units sold, 0.0265% (22) complaints and 0.0024% (2) actual injury reports, a new handle is available from Cascade Designs.

I have an MSR container setup and the handle, if not focused to correctly apply, will not engage as intended. It's an oops once and learned. Meh.

If you've tossed your handle grip or want a newer designed handle, take a pic of your MSR container and apparently that is all that's necessary for them to mail you a new & improved handle.

Failure rate seems acceptable to me, I bet the rate of people purposefully misusing it is higher than that...
Our IT gent notes the vast majority of "computer issues" relate to operator error.

A record of 83,000 units sold, 0.0265% (22) complaints and 0.0024% (2) actual injury reports - a crap design is likely a crap operator of an ultra light method to handle the pouring the liquid... as you suggest - "misusing it".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back