Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Where did this doe come from?

OntarioHunter

Just got notice from Montana FWP re the changes to mule deer doe hunting regs in Region 6 and 7. VERY confusing. Mule deer doe B tags can only be filled on private land in those districts (including block management private land). But not only B tags, but also general tags. So ... if that's the only thing that changed in Region 6, anyone last year could fill their general tag with a doe anywhere in the district, can this year only harvest does on private land. Now here's the kicker. Much if not most of the BMA properties in that district are ranches with public land leases. Very often there's no fence line setting the rancher's private land apart from the land he leases from fed or state government. This is just plain crazy. Who in hell dreams up this goofy shit! This will be almost unenforceable. In the entire world history of game management this is at the top of the podium for gold medal lunacy.

Your hand has finally been forced.

It's a mess. Makes no sense at all. If they want to do something, do away with the general doe tag (which they have done many times in the past) and cut back the draw B tags ACROSS THE BOARD IN BOTH DISTRICTS. This is a game warden's nightmare. And a doe hunter's nightmare ... which is clearly the intention. Half-assed. How in God's name is brewing up a mass of confusion and contention supposed to be any kind of effective game management? Doing something without really doing something. This has got to be a first. I've never heard of anything so goofy ... except maybe in the East where landowners are pretty much given title to the game on their property. But wait ... who's calling the shots in Montana now? Oh silly me, I forgot. Eastern transplants, of course.

For the record, the last time I shot a doe of any kind was 1972 so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I'm also no friend of nonsense regulations. I mean, what's the sense in it? Creating subdistricts for hunting or fishing regs for every square mile, or many subdistricts within each square mile? Anyway, why should does be shot on private land but not public land? Oh right, I know. Because the landowners are more entitled to public game animals. Box up that shitty thinking and send it back to Texas ... or Maryland where those shithead gamehogs came from.

For the record, the last time I shot a doe of any kind was 1972 so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I'm also no friend of nonsense regulations. I mean, what's the sense in it? Creating subdistricts for hunting or fishing regs for every square mile, or many subdistricts within each square mile? Anyway, why should does be shot on private land but not public land? Oh right, I know. Because the landowners are more entitled to public game animals. Box up that shitty thinking and send it back to Texas ... or Maryland where those shithead gamehogs came from.
I believe it’s because we’ve piss pounded the public so bad that private land is the only place they stand a chance at any sort of safety.

Pretty sure it's to
Pretty sure it's trying to help disperse some pressure.

I'm unsure why this is so confusing? The intent is quite easy to follow, and knowing if you're on private/public is pretty easy these days.

I do see your point about being enforceable. Honest guys will be honest, the rest will be what they have always been.
The intent is indeed quite easy to follow: FWP wants to appear to be doing something effective without actually being effective. And without pissing off those Republican eastern Montana ranchers. Let them run their own little kingdoms. Come on. Open your eyes.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back