Thanksgiving morning ham

noharleyyet

Glassed this pig coming up a dry creekbed just after sunrise...

ArcherCountyHog.jpg

Nothing like a traditional Turkey morning hunt.No ham for me just greenheads and Canadas.Great job on the ham.

give um hell Ken.

....thats some prime looking whitetail habitat behind you.

Nice job on the pig there. Looks like you're taking more and more time for photos. ;)

Nice job on the pig there. Looks like you're taking more and more time for photos. ;)

Sure, he is a Texan. Can find the camera for a smelly old pig, but can't remember the camera for a good quality Elk.... :rolleyes:

Fill in those of us who are unedjumacated. Is that a big pig? Are big pigs less "edible" than the smaller ones?

What do you do with them when you get them home?

It's a fairly large pig Jose...prolly around 200. I gut em & take em to the processor for skinning & splitting...smoke the sides. Good eats. I usually won't mess with a boar that size or bigger.

It isn't cold down there is it, NHY? Congrats on the piggy.

Way to go!

A heart disease researcher here at work actually told me that pork meat is less atherogenic (i.e. it doesn't cause heart diseases as much) than beef. It still has calories, but those wild ones have a lot less fat than store bought stuff. I've had big ones, like 400-500 lbs, that taste great, so it must have a lot to do with processing and meat care and their food, etc. than we think.

Dang, Good Pig! I shot a smelly Coyote......but, it was Black and that was neat. I shot it early Friday and it rained on it for about 5 hours...not really Picture quality after it did a back flip from the 300. WTG Ken, John

Yeah John but wifey won't let you bring a new pet in the house ;)

Nice job on the oinker Ken...smack him in the nose? :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back