MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sunday Pic of the Day

I've heard stories, but never experienced loon thievery until yesterday. An old friend and I carried into some little ponds to fish for Brook Trout and we did well. Twice, I hooked a trout, then saw a huge flash under water and a loon had my trout in its beak. I'd wrestle the trout away, get it right up to the boat and then that darn loon would streak over and grab it again. The trout would come in dead and I'd end up tossing to the loon, hoping it would fill up... There were two of them and for a while we had to stop fishing, because they were just hanging out next to our canoe, waiting. Sometimes, I'd think they were gone, then look down in the water and happen to see a loon gliding under the boat, waiting for me to hook another one. Pesky buggers, but it was hard to be mad, as it was so freakin' cool to watch them work at such close range!
IMG_8456.jpeg

I've heard stories, but never experienced loon thievery until yesterday. An old friend and I carried into some little ponds to fish for Brook Trout and we did well. Twice, I hooked a trout, then saw a huge flash under water and a loon had my trout in its beak. I'd wrestle the trout away, get it right up to the boat and then that darn loon would streak over and grab it again. The trout would come in dead and I'd end up tossing to the loon, hoping it would fill up... There were two of them and for a while we had to stop fishing, because they were just hanging out next to our canoe, waiting. Sometimes, I'd think they were gone, then look down in the water and happen to see a loon gliding under the boat, waiting for me to hook another one. Pesky buggers, but it was hard to be mad, as it was so freakin' cool to watch them work at such close range!
View attachment 325300
that is way too incredible! I have never seen it or even heard of that before. Sounds like maybe he has done this a time or two before.

We have had them chase crankbaits in Canada a few times. We had to move because we really didn’t want to catch one!

One day, this will be the sunrise scene from my bedroom window. Not too far off.

ixrIAE6.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back