Caribou Gear

Coho pack n carry totes

2rocky

https://www.costco.com/coho-pack-and-carry-box.product.4000101667.html

Thinking this might be a good item for my camp packing....

imageService

imageService

Product Details​

Built for rigorous transport, the Coho Pack and Carry Storage Box is tough and can withstand everyday use. Made with heavy duty latches, this storage container will be an organizer for everything from sports equipment to camping supplies or a tool chest. Durable and strong, these storage bins will serve you for a lifetime.

Includes:
  • (1) Storage Box
  • (2) Storage Trays
Features:
  • Type of material made out of PP
  • Color: Gray
Dimensions and Weight:
  • 19” L x 14.8” W x 11” H; Weight: 11 lbs.

I have used a really similar product made by Hardigg on multiple trips overseas and it is still kicking. Had it for probably 15years of hard use.
I have to revise my comment. I thought this was a bigger box.

I got one of those crazy yeti boxes similar to this for free a few years ago. I have found it of kind of marginal use. Basically just a super expensive truck organizer, without a lot of room for bigger items. What parts of the Coho do you like?

For the money you can get two of these. My brother has one and likes the waterproof storage.

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Box-G...66416&sprefix=plano+hd+marine,aps,146&sr=8-17

My ideal is a hard case that is JUST UNDER the 62 inch sum of LxWxH. That way it is feasible to take on a plane.

This Coho box is a lot smaller than that but I think it will be a good addition. Better than the "Big Y " for sure...

This is the perfect size, but I'd like to find more modern materials.

il_570xN.3893485187_eoxk.jpg

Last edited:
Man I tried a plano a while back and it didn't last a year before both the latch and hinge broke.

My ideal is a hard case that is JUST UNDER the 62 inch sum of LxWxH. That way it is feasible to take on a plane.

This Coho box is a lot smaller than that but I think it will be a good addition. Better than the "Big Y " for sure...

This is the perfect size, but I'd like to find more modern materials.

il_570xN.3893485187_eoxk.jpg

@2rocky your box reminds me of my father’s “safari box” that he used to keep camp kitchen stores in one place. 55 years later it looks and smells like it is just back from a Rift Valley hunting trip.

D0F1BA62-50A8-4011-80AE-3C82DCBF6006.png
C9176CCD-77B6-464F-BB53-F5941A036690.png

We bought 3 of the big Plano boxes with wheels and just keep the family camping stuff in them. Pretty grab and go - kitchen box, sleeping box, beach box.

Pack clothes up, stop and get groceries and ice for the cooler and we’re on our way.
I have 6 or 7 of them. They are pretty well organized, they are organized by activity or similar items.

So my totes arrived and my first impression is that they are going to be too small to be of much utility.

The trays in the top really cut into the useable vertical space. I think it's plenty of room for a "heavy backpacking" cooking setup for packing into a drop camp on horses. But a "roads end" camp is going to use full size pans and propane trees and bottles.

I really wished it was 30 inches long like the *sigh* Loadout 60 from the Big Y....

if I return them though I'm going to wish I had one in about 6 months I reckon...

Ironically I discovered what comes in under 62 inches L+W+D and lends itself to horse packing...

pkb2_720x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back