MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Soft tops for pickup trucks

homestead

I'm looking at buying a new to me pickup come spring. I really like having a cap on the bed but it gets frustrating having to line up help to get it off. It has got me interested in a soft/canvas cap setup. I've never had experience with these so I'm hoping maybe a few guys around here can give me a little info. Thanks for any help.

Topper or cover it all depends on what you use your pickup for. Get a topper and a trailer and you will have the best of both worlds.

An old roommate had a "Truxedo" brand roll-up soft top on his Tacoma. I haven't had a truck since then, but would likely go that route myself. Definitely a compromise but for my uses it'd be about right.

Access by Agricover. Best (IMO) rollups covers out there. I've had one on every pickup I've owned and had no complaints. After a couple years, one of them started cracking in a high stress area at the rear bar. I called them about buying a replacement before it started to get worse, and they sent me an entire new tarp at NO COST to me. I've been very pleased.

Thanks guys, but what I'm actually looking at is something like Soft Topper out of Boulder Colorado. Really not interested in tonneau covers. I realize now I wasn"t very specific. It's a lot of money considering I could probably find a used cap for a few hundred bucks, but the fact i can disassemble it solo is kind of nice.

Sounds like you have a plan and a solution. Presume you have evaluated your needs, i.e. Why you need a cover that is same size as a topper. I used to have a topper, but really prefer the roll top and currently use "access by agricover" as it fully meets my needs and when rolled there is no removal or storage involved, and mid hunting trip I can have it rolled up or rolled out.

The giant elk i shoot so often really do not fit within a topper, so I usually need open sky above the truck bed to get the horns home :D :rolleyes:

I have one called 'softopper'. Made in CO and I like it. I actually prefer having a tonneau cover but bought one used off Craigslist to have extra room on trips. I switch between them often, it only takes 10-15 minutes to set up once you get the hang of it. Very lightweight but really solid. Traveled 2200 miles across the country and it held up great. It limits visibility somewhat (no windows on the side panels) but it's not a huge difference and doesn't bother me in the end.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back