Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Should CO Full Limited for Elk ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Any consideration to make OTC in Colorado like the general tags in Wyoming or Montana with caps? Residents can still purchase OTC, but NR have to apply. I realize Colorado won't do that because they love NR fees more than they love weed taxes.
I've stipulated that both here in post #111 above (but where it won't have an effect on CPW unless they are lurking on HT) and in direct communications to the commission (where it may have similar non-effect, but at least has been seen by people who could do something).

I think it's an excellent way to start to address crowding (real or perceived), resource management (allows better data-driven decision making and if coupled with other changes like harvest reporting methods, improves quality of said data also), and potentially (though doubtful) point creep, but still allows a lot of flexibility for hunters.

There are 'tentacles' to that approach that would need a lot of framework re-design, but it doesn't seem on the surface that there are huge hurdles outside of 'but we've always done it this way'

Back