Shooting tripod or glassing tripod

I use a Leofoto tripod for glassing, both with bino's and spotters, and also shoot off of it, if the situation is correct. I attached an arca-rail to both of my hunting rifles. I have the Aziak equipment binocular attachment, which allows you to lock your binos into an arca-rail adapter.

I shot a buck in WY recently and that tripod made a very difficult shot much easier. I was on a steep incline and it allowed me to have a rock-solid rest. I've become much more proficient at setting it up to shoot off of, but, that being said, some situations you just don't have time. But it allows you the option if you do have time.

Also, glassing with binos, from a tripod, is the best thing ever, in my opinion.

To answer your question, my personal preference, is to have a single tripod that I can both glass and shoot from.
Same for me

I use a BOG Red legged devil aluminum tripod. Super light weight. I have a yoke for my rifle and a head for my binos. I shot an elk off of them 2 years ago @315yds. Rock solid and light weight.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genevamorman66
Back