Shooting Around

Hi guys, I'm a new archer. I would like to take my bow along on my workout sessions (hill climbs) and shoot around. I was wondering what people's experiences are with Judo Points. I would like to shoot stumps mainly and don't want to blow up a bunch of arrows doing it. I realize I may not get dozens of shots of this nature with an arrow, but would like to get more than a couple. Any tips that are better for such a task?

Thanks!

Compounds are hard on judos in stumps. But find the right stump and they pull out no problem. I would glue your nocks in on the arrows you plan to shoot. Good luck and have fun. HUNT

Just shoot at certain tufts of grass or an off color leaf on the ground. Judos work well at grabbing grass allowing easy retrieval.

I made my own in a way by drilling a hole through some field tips, getting a tight nail through it and bening the nail slightly fwd. I then trimmed the nail down. Works great in grass and sagebrush, would say any judo tip should in sagebrush also.

Just got done shooting some bludgeon points. They were passing through rotten stumps and the nocks were blowing up on hard stumps. Need some new nocks.

Thanks for the tip on flexing the arrows. I would hate to have MORE carbon fibers stuck in my body.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back