MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

September is finally here!

good luck to the fella's who are using the stick and string!! I have until mid October until I leave for Colorado and use the boom stick..

Good luck archers! Sounds like there may be snow early this fall. I'm waiting until Oct 22nd for the Montana rifle hunts

Stopped in utah, on the way to idaho. Will be on the moutain tomorrow for a 7 day solo elk hunt.

[video=youtube;1Lmp-aDqqhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lmp-aDqqhU[/video]

Here's a sampling of what's going on at the wallow....

Day after tomorrow, my wife and I will be at the Secret Meadow before daylight. Her first time bowhunting! We have been seeing a 4x6 bull that we're hoping to get a closer look at!

I feel like my girlfriend are more invested into the days till I'm gone than I am. Owell leaving her for some colorado elk in three day for three weeks! Whoopp

My trip out is always a drag, It's a 18ish hr trip for me. I leave after work and drive all night, get in and put the boots to'er. i usually start of the trip at 45-50hrs between rack time.

I hate wasting vacation time driving. Maybe thats the Cam hanes coming out in me:hump:

Last edited:
The trip out is a huge part of the fun. We'll drive til we're about to drop, get to a motel late.... and be wide awake.

Same here. It's a 33 hr drive for us, but takes 48 after stopping to eat, hotel stay, etc. Love it!
However, if the coolers are empty, that's going to be a loooong drive home! The last trip, we had coolers packed with 2 elk and a nice rack/scull inside the Excursion, with the scull between the us and the rack touching the back glass, which made the ride home nice....until the scull started getting a little ripe!

Nevada bound on the 8th with the smoke pole and a unit 6 deer tag. Good luck to all!

Jealous of everyone going for archery .... Goodluck and be safe . I'm not going until oct 22 for Montana rifle opener just have a gen tag

I leave early Monday (NZ time) and hope to be bow hunting for elk by Tuesday (WY time). I enjoy the journey, with the exception of the 12 hour flight from Auckland - LA!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back