PEAX Equipment

Sen Daines booted from twitter for hunting pic

Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
You didn’t, and I found nothing wrong with the picture (although I admit I hate seeing people post stuff online because it shows a hint of narcissism). Just saying others can have a different opinion. And there are probably pictures I wouldn’t like. Like kittens being shot in the FUGGIN HEAD, or something. It all exists I’m on a continuum. Online someone can share picture of their new puppy or junior taking first steps. All good. It just tends to all get worse from there and quickly to TMI.

You didn’t, and I found nothing wrong with the picture (although I admit I hate seeing people post stuff online because it shows a hint of narcissism). Just saying others can have a different opinion. And there are probably pictures I wouldn’t like. Like kittens being shot in the FUGGIN HEAD, or something. It all exists I’m on a continuum. Online someone can share picture of their new puppy or junior taking first steps. All good. It just tends to all get worse from there and quickly to TMI.
I agree with everything you just said. But I dont see how asking a simple question indicates that I dont think outside my own box or that somehow I dont understand that people have different perspectives. I do agree with the sentiment that asking that question on this forum might be nonsensical but it was just on my mind that I would like to ask someone that question.

KEVIN H. "I certainly didn't mean to piss anybody off."

I'm not angry at all. 'Just disappointed at the initial posts of a newbie on Hunt Talk.
Okay well sorry to disappoint you. It was just a misplaced question but I didnt disrespect anyone. Not even the "anti's" that I was talking about. I guess it might help me to understand you if I knew what exactly that I posted that disappointed you?

Sounds like some IT tech overstepped his authority. Big deal. I'm sure he/she is standing in the unemployment line now.

I find it hard to sympathize with Daines over anything. This just got that jerk a lot of positive media attention from Montana constituents. It would not surprise me at all if he wasn't behind the initial "too bloody" complaint to Twitter. That's the kind of thing that phony would try to get attention. When Ted Cruze jumped in the middle of it, that only reinforced my suspiciouns.

I agree with everything you just said. But I dont see how asking a simple question indicates that I dont think outside my own box or that somehow I dont understand that people have different perspectives. I do agree with the sentiment that asking that question on this forum might be nonsensical but it was just on my mind that I would like to ask someone that question.
It wasn’t simple, you know that because you said “No doubt the discussion would get complicated real quick.” You also know that asking it here is pointless because I doubt anyone here has a problem with it. Why ask “antis” a question on a hunting forum?

My only issue with the picture is it allows the viewer to imply context. Daines is a politician and wants to show “he’s just like you” and gives the typical “Montanan values” BS about picture. He isn’t. Given what I know and have heard about the man, it smells like a stunt. But he’s a politician so I have to expect it. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t camping and shot the antelope on public land or a BMA.

Twitter has a rule about blood/gore in profile pics. The algo banned the picture (not sure if anyone Is left there to actually check stuff) and Musk personally stepped in to reverse the decision. Again, it just feels concocted to me. But the picture?…meh.

It wasn’t simple, you know that because you said “No doubt the discussion would get complicated real quick.” You also know that asking it here is pointless because I doubt anyone here has a problem with it. Why ask “antis” a question on a hunting forum?

My only issue with the picture is it allows the viewer to imply context. Daines is a politician and wants to show “he’s just like you” and gives the typical “Montanan values” BS about picture. He isn’t. Given what I know and have heard about the man, it smells like a stunt. But he’s a politician so I have to expect it. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t camping and shot the antelope on public land or a BMA.

Twitter has a rule about blood/gore in profile pics. The algo banned the picture (not sure if anyone Is left there to actually check stuff) and Musk personally stepped in to reverse the decision. Again, it just feels concocted to me. But the picture?…meh.
There is ample tacit agreement with anti's here...especially when it smears the evil party twin.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t camping and shot the antelope on public land or a BMA.

1) Who gives a F?

2) Looks like he leaves his social media open to public comment. Maybe you could go make yourself at home there with your wisecracks and comments on his family hunting photo, like other assholes do.

Whether a person voted for Senator Daines, or not, he is passionate about hunting. Pre-politician days, when were just part of the local business community, our sons took Hunter Education together. Independently, we both decided to sit through it as a refresher with our sons. We ended up sitting next to each other for most classes. He had a lot of hunting stories to share. Him posting hunting pics is not a manufactured political stunt.

Whether a person voted for Senator Daines, or not, he is passionate about hunting. Pre-politician days, when were just part of the local business community, our sons took Hunter Education together. Independently, we both decided to sit through it as a refresher with our sons. We ended up sitting next to each other for most classes. He had a lot of hunting stories to share. Him posting hunting pics is not a manufactured political stunt.
I’m not questioning if he hunts or fishes, mostly just how this played out feels odd. Musk, CEO of three major companies, getting personally involved to correct the Twitter algo? Maybe Daines was just randomly selected? Sure, I guess. Maybe I’m getting paranoid and not trusting anything I see. Whatever. Nice speed goat.
I’m not anti-Daines. He says a lot of what I want to hear. I would like to see him practice what he preaches and stop trying to remove wilderness designations and leave the APR alone. But topics for other threads.

Perhaps. But are you so sure getting his account frozen for posting a hunting picture wasn't a stunt? That is the point. I agree, the way this played out was "odd." Lots of other ways for him to show his support for hunting and conservation that would actually accomplish something. And which direction has he chosen? Hmmm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back