Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

San Diego turkey

CALIF Caveman

Hey me Calif Caveman:D
Anyone ever hunt turkeys in San Diego? If you have could tell me where to go?

I live in SD. No one is going to tell you where to go. Since most of the best hunting is on private land, no one is going to tell you their good spots on what limited public land that actually holds birds. My advice is to get some maps of the Cleveland National Forest and get out and scout.

Also check out the hunting forum at www.bloodydecks.com as most of the guys there are from SD too. But again, no one is going to tell you their spots. And even asking via the internet might catch you some flak. Beware.

I live in SD. No one is going to tell you where to go. Since most of the best hunting is on private land, no one is going to tell you their good spots on what limited public land that actually holds birds. My advice is to get some maps of the Cleveland National Forest and get out and scout.

Also check out the hunting forum at www.bloodydecks.com as most of the guys there are from SD too. But again, no one is going to tell you their spots. And even asking via the internet might catch you some flak. Beware.

agreed...3 threads started and each with a tell me where to go question..

As an ex-San Diego resident, I could tell you where to go, but then I could alienate myself for future assistance from others.

Take SD Hunters advice, Get a map and go out and scout. I'd start out east and go from there.

And if you ask that question on bloody decks, get ready for the waterboarding....

I'm going scouting this week while on a campout in San Diego, right by the national forest. I remember a few years ago I went there and turkeys were herd all over from everywhere and a lot of deer running around. Bringing my turkey call with me to practice also.

From the few posts this guy has made here and asking about big game hunting on another thread, I would say he has about as much business being out in the woods as Al "Global Warming" Gore, LOL! I was going to say he is the SD Chicken, but he sounds more like a turkey, so maybe hunting them will be right up his alley!

Wow.......so a young person, who may not be as well versed and experienced as some of you, doesn't even belong in the woods now? While I'm sure he'll learn how to research better and ask questions in a much more efficient manner, I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone new to hunting by degrading them on an open board. Lighten up boys, you can always simply ignore the post. :)

BOHNTR is on target. Give fella some help, if he asks for it. If you can't provide any help, move on to the next thread.

Just came back from the scouting trip and BOY WAS IT LOADED!!! I couldn't believe how many there were not just in the valleys (where I got within 10 yds of them) but going to town by urban houses and cattle ranches right along the road. (Yes they were not white or farmed turkeys) I know where I'm going this spring. Also a lot of deer running around. This is almost to just as good as OK.

And thank you all for helping me getting use to Hunt Talk.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back