PEAX Equipment

Saloman Quest 4 GTX

noharleyyet

Had my eye on these a year or so ago and didn't pull the trigger. They're offered now with a decent discount. Anyone use em...

I would wave you off on them, Ken. I have had three pairs. The first gen were great, and I would have whole heartedly recommended, but they went downhill badly. Talking with another bootmaker a couple of years ago, they said that when it came out that the guys on the bin laden raid were wearing them, sales went through the roof. When they ramped up production quality predictably went through the floor. Truth is stranger than fiction...

If the plan is to wear them for yard work and other light duty, they may be ok.

Ya, they're great boots. Very comfortable with zero break in period. Just be aware that you will be lucky to get more than 2 seasons out of them. I have Salomon trail runners, lightweights hikers, and more "robust" hikers and each pair give me a solid year maybe 2.

I've been wearing the mid ultra 3 gtx last 3 years and I love them. The 4's were great but 3s were even better for me in August. I go through a pair in a year or so. Zero break in and have yet to have a single blister. Like @MinnesotaHunter said though some of the new productions 4s habe been crap from whatbi have read elsewhere too.

I've been real unhappy with the quality of Salomon's lately. My last three pairs were toast in less then 2 years, 2 of the 3 in about 1 year.

I have a pair, they are OK. Comfortable, kind of like a heavy duty trail running shoe with a high top. I I don’t expect them to last very long under any hard use.

i have had 8 pairs the last 2 years they are a differnt boot, lighter, not as stiff, pure junk, i buy the old pairs on ebay when i find them the first ones are the best fitting, wearing boot i can find for my feet, i wear them virtually everyday

wish i could find a replacement that fits the same

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back