PEAX Equipment

Rokon Bikes

chevyman181

Hello all,

A buddy of mine told me about rokon Bikes. I've been looking into them a bit. I am wondering if anyone has one and how they like them. The good,the bad, and the ugly. I live in the badlands of western ND, we travel a lot to MT and ID to the mountains. It would be just for riding around a bit and getting a little better access and then some work around the place.

My brother in law has one and I used it one fall in CO. Super slow getting to the trailhead, but once your to the trailhead it will go faster than you can walk. Will climb anything! I am 6'2" and it is uncomfortable for longer than an hour. If you get game down close to the trail you would be faster than walking. That said, I felt more tired trying to ride the thing than I would have just walking. Cool factor is way up there but not practical for me. ATV better suits me.

ive seen people using them, the one i rode hurt my back so bad it wasnt funy, i havent found a place i cant go on a bw200, with a deer on the back rack, that i would want to take a rokon into,,,,

ive seen people using them, the one i rode hurt my back so bad it wasnt funy, i havent found a place i cant go on a bw200, with a deer on the back rack, that i would want to take a rokon into,,,,
What does the be200 set up look like?

The un-packing of my Iron Mule a while back.

Iron mule.jpg

Mrs. Bearfoot said "what do you want for your birthday?" I responded "A Rokon".

SHE LOVES ME!

It's a work out in ice and snow. I keep practicing. The thing is a beast, and an upper body workout. The machine goes wherever its pointed. I've climbed mountain trails, busted mud swamp paths. It seems to me, its limits depend with the rider. A friend said "you got to be a tough bastard to ride one of those" He, I kinda like it.
ROKON Mud.jpg
ROKON.jpg
Still learning about this toy. It's a real mountain goat. Ride the goat!

View attachment 213768

SHE LOVES ME!

It's a work out in ice and snow. I keep practicing. The thing is a beast, and an upper body workout. The machine goes wherever its pointed. I've climbed mountain trails, busted mud swamp paths. It seems to me, its limits depend with the rider. A friend said "you got to be a tough bastard to ride one of those" He, I kinda like it.
View attachment 213769
View attachment 213770
Still learning about this toy. It's a real mountain goat. Ride the goat!
What I hear you say is, it wouldn't be a good choice for my 5ft 6in, 130 wife? It would be nice to have something to get a few miles farther back before we start walking in any weather condition. Thanks.

I saw a Rokon decades ago and constantly forget they still exist. I want one so bad but have zero use for one except for cool factor. I can imagine getting absolutely beat to hell on some of the motorcycle trails I've hiked on. Special breed of person with some serious guts.

What I hear you say is, it wouldn't be a good choice for my 5ft 6in, 130 wife? It would be nice to have something to get a few miles farther back before we start walking in any weather condition. Thanks.
Rokon weight is 220#.

More Rokon coolness: receiver trailer hitch behind rear tire. Wheels are hollow drums that can float the bike, or be filled w fuel to make it really unsteerable.

More power to you if you like riding those mules. My Dad and a quirky carpenter thought they were so cool. I rode Ted’s, and if you’re into slow, uncomfortable and straight you’re set. The real question! Which is worse a Honda Big Red or Rokon?

Ol’ Ted and Tim were contrarians. They just had to be different, even if it meant meeting me at the mountain lake with my XR and a string of fish an hour later with their back aches.

Yeah, were not into fast, we just want to get a few miles farther in before we start walking. We are not planning on riding all day. 4-5 miles maybe and then start walking. We are thinking rokon Because we thought it might get there the snow a little better..

View attachment 213768

SHE LOVES ME!

View attachment 213769
View attachment 213770
Still learning about this toy. It's a real mountain goat. Ride the goat

Do they have any suspension? It doesn't look like it.

I’ve never ridden one in the mud or snow. I could see that as their preferred habitat. It reminds me of fat tire mountain bikes. Great for sand or snow, but doesn’t do anything else well.

ive got pics somewere of my bigwheel chained up , snow up to the top of tires after climbing 2000ft in 1.5 miles,,,,
i had couple rokons one with a 2stroke motor one with a honda 90 motor i had to walk next to them to try to get to the places the bw has been. not saying there better. but i have no need for a rokon ever,,,,,, been there done that

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back