Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rescue Shorthair Available

BillyGoat

My wife and I have supported American Brittany Rescue for awhile but only financially. We recently decided to help out a little more and rescued this GSP that was down to his final days at a kill shelter in Oregon. He was turned in as a stray. I'm not sure if he has any hunting potential. I'll try to get him out on birds this weekend to find out.

Brady2.jpg

My wife picked him up today and had this to say about him...
I stopped at a vet on my way home and scanned him again to make sure he does not have a chip, and we were unable to find one. He weighs 64 lbs. He looks young as his teeth are pearly white with minimal tartar. I would estimate 2 to 4 years of age. Rode quietly in the crate. Gave him a bath, and he was a little scared of the hose at first. Acted like he thought I was going to hit him with it. Great with my 4 year old and 3 year old kids. Hanging out contently in the backyard at the moment.
We are just acting as a foster home so if anyone knows anyone looking for a shorthair please contact me. We can probably arrange transporting the dog if it's out of state. Here are more pics if interested...
http://www.copleybrittanys.com/brady.htm

Nice Job and Pretty Dog. My son and I rescued a Black Lab and Midnight has become a favorite with everyone we meet, except the Guys delivering new furniture! John

My wife and I use to rescue bird dogs and foster them. We haven't done it since we've had our Son. It's a cool thing you did Billygoat. Hope you find him a good home.....

Well yesterday my wife took the dog in to get all his shots and brain surgery as she calls it (aka neutered). The vet found a BB under his skin and then my wife found another when she got back home. So I thought he might be pretty decent on birds, but we took him out on pigeons this morning and it just wasn't happening. No point at all and I fired the blank pistol from a safe distance as one of the birds flew off and he didn't like that. Sooooooo... makes me wonder what his history is and it looks like he needs to go to a pet home. Anyway, he is very gentle-natured and gets along great with kids and other dogs. He didn't run far from me either and comes when called so I think he'd make a great hiking companion. Again if anyone happens to know anyone looking for this type of dog please let me know. Thanks.

Placed this dog today with a guy in Park City, UT who likes to hike and recently lost a 12-yr-old GSP. I have a feeling Brady will really enjoy his new home. Thanks for looking.

Pat,

Nice job on saving the GSP.

Nice looking dog. Most gun shy dogs can be broke, but its a lengthy and worthwhile process.

Got another GSP foster dog. Hey Moosie, his name is "Oscar"... you got any room for another Oscar in the house? :D

http://copleybrittanys.com/oscar.html

Seriously, we've only had him a day and he's a little excited in the new surroundings, but I think after he grows up a bit and learns some obedience he's going to make a fine dog. Gets along great with the kids and other dogs. Holler if anyone has a lead for us. Thanks for looking.

oscar5.jpg

I got him out last night on pigeons and he was very birdy. Not gun shy at all either. Definitely has good hunting potential. My daughter loves this dog, but then again she loves all dogs. :)

alyssaoscar.jpg

Placed this dog over the weekend with a guy in Seattle who says he's going to hunt him. Good luck, Oscar. Thanks for looking everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back