Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Remington model 770

John-

That's kind of what I figured, thanks.

For those in Western states that have Big 5 Sporting Goods, they have the Axis XP in .223 on sale for $339 until 12/24. Might have to get one, been wanting a .223 for coyotes and such.

I had to fly to OK City last week, and picked up the latest issue of F&S (Gag, only field mag sold at the airport) Anyway, there was a diatibe on inexpensive rifles. The Marlin X7 won out nicely on accuracy and at a very good price tag. Get a youth after market stock, for a few bucks, and restock back to the original later on. The short action model comes in .243, 7mm/08 &.308. I'd go for the 7mm/08....probably cuz that's what I've been carrying for the past 10 yrs..........

Good points gents. Have a couple all most ready. Need to re-think my options. The last thing I want is a WTF in the field on their first deer. Thinking used, but would explain to them my reasoning.

I had to fly to OK City last week, and picked up the latest issue of F&S (Gag, only field mag sold at the airport) Anyway, there was a diatibe on inexpensive rifles. The Marlin X7 won out nicely on accuracy and at a very good price tag. Get a youth after market stock, for a few bucks, and restock back to the original later on. The short action model comes in .243, 7mm/08 &.308. I'd go for the 7mm/08....probably cuz that's what I've been carrying for the past 10 yrs..........
I too think that's a great suggestion. But who makes an aftermarket, drop-in stock for the Marlin?

Aren't they basically a M700 clone? Wonder if a guy could bubba a M700 stock fairly easily?

The X7's certainly have a lot of similarities to the 700 but I'd say it's closer to a Savage. Barrel nut, accutrigger clone, and blind magazine. I know this much, they are accurate, affordable shooters. I painted the stock on my .243 tan with black webbing and it looks great and is durable. Anytime I find a used one for a good price I will be buying especially if it is a stainless version.

The X7's certainly have a lot of similarities to the 700 but I'd say it's closer to a Savage. Barrel nut, accutrigger clone, and blind magazine. I know this much, they are accurate, affordable shooters. I painted the stock on my .243 tan with black webbing and it looks great and is durable. Anytime I find a used one for a good price I will be buying especially if it is a stainless version.

You're right, I was thinking of the other model they make.

The Marlin MR-7 was a very close copy of the pushfeed Win Mod 70. So close in fact, that I've read that is no longer made due to a lawsuit by the Win folks. I have one of those that my dad bought. It's a solid rifle.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back