Caribou Gear Tarp

Recommendations to learn Mulie hunting

Best way to learn is to buy an OTC tag and go hunt! Nothing beats experiential knowledge. Good luck.

Yep, hunt the same region for a few years and you will have yourself a hunting spot. Takes a while to learn an area but once you do it's so much easier to be successful.

Not everybody but many i see that come for their first taste of Western Big Game hunting, are not near familiar enough with the firearm they intend to hunt. Shots to and past 300 yards are common and might be the only chance you get. Also i see many who say, as a excuse for missing, that they should have used a rangefinder before they shot. Getting and using a rangefinder in conjunction with copious amounts of time spent shooting, being more familiar with their firearm, can make for a fun and successful hunt. Knowing, from repeated practice using a rangefinder, exactly where your bullet will hit at any acceptable range, is a wonderful confidence building thing yet many who come know about where they hit at 100 yards but after that it's just guess and hope. my two bits.

Last edited:
Back