Caribou Gear Tarp

Raghorn Express

Congrats, guys. Good to see the success so many Hunt Talkers are having this year.

I passed on a small 6 this morning which I feel is just plain insanity.:confused: I'm hoping that holding out for my "good" tag will be worth it. I'm a sucky trophy hunter and feel more comfortable on the raghorn express. Congrats to all you guys so far. I'm envious.

Lawnboy, You are a glutton for punishment.Though not worse than me,I've got a choice bull tag this year and have opted to NOT bowhunt.Wondering how dumb that is? All the Montana guys with their bulls are killing me.All work and no play makes Hem one twisted mofo.:hump:

After losing a nice 5x5 last week, I punched my ticket on a small one - I'll take the pool money John C wanted to organize;)

2012-09-25_16-59-18_750.jpg

The herd bull I was on chased this 2x3 velvet raggie away from the cows - he was about 4 feet from getting into my wind when I decided he wasn't going to make it that far. 18 yards slightly quartering to, arrow blew through both lungs and the heart and stuck in an oak tree; bull dropped about 30 yards downhill, right next to an old 2 track.:D He is the first elk that I've tagged and my first animal with a bow, so I'm not complaining. After a great week+ of hunting and being into bulls every day, I sure wish I'd have started hunting with a bow 25 years ago. Awesome, awesome experience.

Congrats! I like it when spikes still have their velvet on. I shot one back in the 90's and still have it just for that reason. He'll be good eating!

It aint an elk, but a close cousin and it was shot this year in the rut at less then 10 steps...i think antler size qualifies it for the RE?

6x52012.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back