Raghorn Express

Does this bull qualify for the express?
V__813C.jpg

Sad to see you had to settle with that goat tag burning a hole in your pocket.

Great bull, congrats.

I'm on the cow/spike express. Full steam ahead on the 8th.

Sorry Smith thats a non qualifier. Better luck next year. :)

Congrats thats a great bull!

I had a non qualifer in on Saturday, 20 yards and did not shoot just for that reason, well that and there was to much brush. :)

Smith, great bull!

Lawn Boy, we had the exact same experience, except the bull was at 8 yards! Now he knows that when a bull is running at you full bore through the brush, the right thing to do is to draw before it shows up. He's hooked for sure now.

Nice bull ismith! Grats though you are dq'ed from the rag ride... :)

Lawnboy, great round the fire memories there! Least he is more conservative in his shot then jumping at any type of shot! Says a lot there! Grats on the experience - bet your mind was whirlin watching that play out!

Looks like the jury is in...ismith is 86'ed from this thread until next year! At which time we will re-evaluate his status (pending on how big a bull he shoots)! LOL

C'mon ismith, with a bull like that, you need to start another thread with the story and more pics. Looks like the perfect shot. Congrats.

Ticket is punched and checked by the conductor. I signed up for the brown/down meat hunt this year. The first elk in range just happened to have antlers. Now on to my doe tag and buck tag :)

Attachments

• DSCN0306.JPG
    DSCN0306.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 814
Sure hope you didnt have to pack him through that dead fall!
Half a mile downhill with a backpack, following old elk trails, then three miles on a horse trail with a game cart. Five hours from starting to butcher till he was in the cooler at the truck. Barely broke a sweat! This one was nice!:)

Nice job, congratulations! What's the activity like over there? Leaving Friday for a week long backpack hunt, a little further east than I'm guessing where you were though. Congrats again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back