Quietest bow?

Life by the Horns

Currently shooting 2015 Hoyt Nitrum but am noticing it seems to be getting loud. Thinking about trying out a Mathews, as they seem pretty darn quiet, dead in the hand, and smooth. What's your opinions on the quietest bow in the last 2-3 years-current?

Surprised they actually don't advertise as the most quiet.... It would be a great selling point I would think.

Last edited:
This one is very quiet and highly discounted. Haha
Seriously tho it is very quiet my hunting partner buys the new mathews every year and we can't hear a difference in noise. Both awesome bows.

Don't listen to HillJack as this is definitely the quietest bow ever made 😂

It is noticably quieter than v3x if it was the 29 I would keep it

Nice rest haha

So you like the V3X??? I've always been a fan of a year or two older flagship bows as like used cars vs new they are significantly cheaper. Also how hard is it to get the poundage from 75 to 80? I've always used 80 and would like to stay there. I have a press and am guessing it's a matter of a dew cable twists? Or does that throw it way out of tune?

My Mathews Phase 4 is definitely the quietest bow I've ever shot. I have zero loyalty to any specific brand but this thing is noticeably quiet. I'm also shooting 585gn but did shoot some arrows around 400gn and did not notice any additional noise.

So you like the V3X??? I've always been a fan of a year or two older flagship bows as like used cars vs new they are significantly cheaper. Also how hard is it to get the poundage from 75 to 80? I've always used 80 and would like to stay there. I have a press and am guessing it's a matter of a dew cable twists? Or does that throw it way out of tune?
If I had to choose I would pick the phase 4 over the v3x. It's noticably quieter. Everything else is identical. I just prefer the v3x 29 over the phase 4 33 for hunting. Both solid bows just like the shorter axle to axle moving around the mountains

I have the V3 - pretty quiet. Quieter than my RX5 was

Currently shooting 2015 Hoyt Nitrum but am noticing it seems to be getting loud. Thinking about trying out a Mathews, as they seem pretty darn quiet, dead in the hand, and smooth. What's your opinions on the quietest bow in the last 2-3 years-current?

Surprised they actually don't advertise as the most quiet.... It would be a great selling point I would think.
I've got an old Browning recurve deer don't notice at ten yards. The extremely heavy arrows have a lot to do with it, though.

I shot next to a guy with an RX7 at the range last summer, and it was amazingly quiet!

I love my old Alphamax 35, but it sounded like a .22 compared to that RX7- made me a bit jealous for sure.
yep, my alphamax 35 has been great and I thought not all that loud till purchased a used hoyt Ventum 33” which is a lot quieter.

I will also add... Being mainly a die hard Hoyt guy throughout my life... I bought a Mathews Phase 4 last year... quietest compound I've ever owned, hands down. Every time I shoot any of my Hoyts now, it sounds like a grenade is going off to me. I do believe that Mathews always were a bit heavier than the other bows, but now they are much lighter than they used to be, which has removed that draw back for me.

I was a hoyt guy, then an elite guy, but my sons friend came over and shot his phase 4 in our backyard, and now I own one of those. Couldn’t believe how quiet it was.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back