Caribou Gear

Pronghorn hunting for non-us citizen

irf1983

I have a friend in Australia that wants to come to the states to do some hunting in 2018. I thought Pronghorn might be a good option as a DIY hunt with a good chance of success. Does anyone know of anyway for him to try and draw a tag? Doesn't matter which state. I'd rather hunt public land but I'd be open to paying for access to private as long as it is DIY. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

That sort of stuff should be on game and fish websites. Check out wyoming game and fish. Buy a preference point this year and he'll be able to get a good unit with plenty of access in 2018.

I hunted in WY for pronghorn a few years ago and highly recommend this hunt. The key steps are: (1) read the WY Fish and Game web site (2) get a sportsmans ID (3) buy a preference point this year (4) apply for a special tag in 2018 (5) get over to WY and hunt. Good luck.

Alaska is the the only state I'm aware of that has different regulations for non-US citizens; they are simply considered non-residents everywhere else, so just follow the non-resident regs found on the state's website.

Make sure he starts now trying to figure out the federal gun laws so he doesn't get a big surprise trying to enter the country or borrowing a gun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back