PEAX Equipment

Pray for me

300RUM is a great antelope rifle? Until you throw a shitty riflescope on it that has a terrible turret. I should have left it alone once zeroed by tried to dial and shoot a relatively simple 1st shot and broke a terrific antelope's front leg. Followed the buck around for half a day shooting at and missing him. I burned about $50 dollars in gunpowder alone with today's prices. Retumbo - Dumbo.
IMG_6105.jpegIMG_6104.jpeg

Tribute to my old 300RUM and good antelope hunting. 3 bucks that officially netted 80+ all taken with my RUM in under 1 year. Two in MT 701(2000 and 2001) and one in WY 55 (2000). I'm more likely to shoot a 300RUM again, than kill a B&C antelope in either of those areas.
IMG_6106.jpeg

And I am going to start shooting mono bullets at such searing speeds as to tear normal bullets to pieces. It will be glorious. mtmuley
That's awesome.

A friend of mine and I were shooting the other day. He's got a 300RUM. Everytime he shot I wanted to be like 50 yards away from him. I don't miss it.

That's awesome.

A friend of mine and I were shooting the other day. He's got a 300RUM. Everytime he shot I wanted to be like 50 yards away from him. I don't miss it.
I hunt solo. Hey, maybe that's why. But muzzle blast isn't an issue unless braked. Whatever the case, I'm good with it. mtmuley

I have killed some stuff with my 700 .300 RUM but it doesn't qualify here because I only had a Leupold scope on it for 1 year and that won't happen again.
Here is a 166 HH recovered from an elk's ass after shooting through a 4 inch limb. I am not sure what the velocity was. He was already shot through the lungs, so he was dead and didn't know it, and neither did I.

1698703483228.png

I have killed some stuff with my 700 .300 RUM but it doesn't qualify here because I only had a Leupold scope on it for 1 year and that won't happen again.
Here is a 166 HH recovered from an elk's ass after shooting through a 4 inch limb. I am not sure what the velocity was. He was already shot through the lungs, so he was dead and didn't know it, and neither did I.

View attachment 299595
Think I'm set on the 168 HHT. Although I have weights from 199 on down. mtmuley

I hunt solo. Hey, maybe that's why. But muzzle blast isn't an issue unless braked. Whatever the case, I'm good with it. mtmuley
I take it seeing where your bullet goes is of no interest to you, or getting a second shot out quickly and on the animal fast? Unbraked RUM is at a huge disadvantage to more toned down options. Just sayin.

I take it seeing where your bullet goes is of no interest to you, or getting a second shot out quickly and on the animal fast? Unbraked RUM is at a huge disadvantage to more toned down options. Just sayin.
Don't worry about me and what I can do with my rifle. I do appreciate your efforts to educate me on shooting and how I am disadvantaged though. You aren't the first. Pretty sure I got it handled. mtmuley

Don't worry about me and what I can do with my rifle. I do appreciate your efforts to educate me on shooting and how I am disadvantaged though. You aren't the first. Pretty sure I got it handled. mtmuley
I'm here to help. :)

Yesterday - rifle is 8lbs 5 ounces fully loaded as is.

IMG_6085.jpeg

When the trigger breaks, it sounds like an air-compressor hose being disconnected. Last week I was shooting a 18" (1/2 mil in my scope) rock at 1009 meters, hit it every time (3) from across canyon where I hunt, could see/hear the bullet strikes with no hearing protection. That's just laying over a backpack, no bipod/tripod. For an old guy that has hunted over 4 decades, I've year to hear of something more marketable that doesn't come in the form of a little blue pill. Try it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back