Portable fishing graph

Northwoods

I got a Garmin Striker 7 for Christmas. I think my wife and daughter were tired of hearing me complain about my Helix because it wasn’t working correctly. We do most of our fishing from a canoe so I need it to be portable. Here’s my finished product. Hopefully this is helpful for some canoe and kayak anglers.

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpeg
    IMG_1550.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1549.jpeg
    IMG_1549.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1548.jpeg
    IMG_1548.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
I got a Garmin Striker 7 for Christmas. I think my wife and daughter were tired of hearing me complain about my Helix because it wasn’t working correctly. We do most of our fishing from a canoe so I need it to be portable. Here’s my finished product. Hopefully this is helpful for some canoe and kayak anglers.
That looks great! Nicely done. I think that I need a similar setup. Let us know your thoughts once you can get that canoe out for a test drive. I'm curious about battery life, transducer mounting etc..

I can a few days of fishing on a 7.2 amp battery with my Helix 5. I’m hoping for 2 days with a 10 amp and bigger screen.

I have the striker 4.3 echomap plus with the gt20 transducer. Put a transducer, wiring, and mount on both my kayak and boat so I can just swap the screen to either. I really like these fish finders, simple and work well.

For the kayak I have a cheap 10ah lithium battery and it lasted 5 days, probably 15 hours, in a row without a recharge. Your bigger screen must really eat up the AH. You using lithium?

Back