Pack wheel

Speeddmn

Don't remember what I was searching, but I stumbled upon this. Anyone have first hand experience, or even general comments on it? I feel for where I hunt it might be valuable, or at least this concept. I have a large stream/river to cross and a night long walk to get to my hunting area. If this little guy would let me get another 30-40 lbs of gear/meat back that can save me quite a few miles/trips.

Time to scour the classified for cheap/free bikes....

http://www.packwheel.com/

looks interesting,might get into tighter places than a 2 wheeled cart.

I'm just thinking it would lighten my load on the 3-4 mile hike in. I will be on an old road that is no longer used by anyone in a vehicle. I feel as if I could cut up and old mountain bike and make something similar for much less money.

I'm just thinking it would lighten my load on the 3-4 mile hike in. I will be on an old road that is no longer used by anyone in a vehicle. I feel as if I could cut up and old mountain bike and make something similar for much less money.

An old road would probably be ideal for this...like you mentioned finding an older mountain bike to chop might be a worthwhile option. Might want to look into a pannier system that the through-bikers use. A rocky water crossing may prove to be troublesome when trying to balance gear and yourself

An old road would probably be ideal for this...like you mentioned finding an older mountain bike to chop might be a worthwhile option. Might want to look into a pannier system that the through-bikers use. A rocky water crossing may prove to be troublesome when trying to balance gear and yourself

Yeah it would suck to dump the gear and meat into the water! Fortunately the couple of camp sites I would be using are within a hundred yards or less )if I get super lucky) of the river. I know a typical bull boned out should be around 3 trips with my pack, if I could cut that down to even a easy 2 loads that could save my back and knees a ton of wear!

Wonder if they make a drone yet that can lift 100lbs! I'd wade/swim that stupid river if need be! hahaa

That's is a decent concept also. I'm also kicking the idea of just using a mountain bike with a small trailer. If I use the old road it is a longer distance, but if it is easier on the old body, that makes sense.

In the end, pack frame and boot leather will be abused....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back