Oregon Spring Bear 2024 application time

Hunt4Meat

Just friendly reminder to get your tag applications submitted. Closes very soon, the 10th. Good luck. Think I’m going to try Idaho spring bear to get a taste and layout of some of that territory.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm thinking of buying my son a 'youth' spring bear point. I have a point already and that would give us the option of both applying with a point average.

I really didn’t want to go on a spring bear hunt in Oregon this year anyhow.

by the sno-tel sites its looking like there is still a fair amount of snow at 5000 ft 5 ft,,but relatively melted at 3800-4200 ft from what i can tell,,shal be a good test of my atv tracks

Probably the lightest snow pack overall we’ve had in quite a few years. My guess is things will loosen up pretty quick. Went over to Pendleton last week and was surprised how fast it’s going off. Probably got a foot over the last week but it’s not going to compact and getting back into a warming trend. Watched a bear last night above the house, I’m betting you all have a good year.
Mt. Emily from the east this morning about 0700

Attachments

• IMG_8499.jpeg
    IMG_8499.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Of course this weekend it’s snowing all the way down to the valley floor. Probably dumb a couple feet up on summit road.

I don't want all the bears to come out and get shot before I have a chance to make it over. :)

QQ

Edit to add: The Snotel site above our camp shows 52 inches this morning, so we probably do need it to start melting.

I’ve only seen one on the hill behind us, haven’t been looking very hard. I’ll keep at it, see if the numbers pick up.

Attachments

• IMG_8530.jpeg
    IMG_8530.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back