MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Guide recommendations for MT spring bear (not full blown outfitter hunt)?

CORN

I'm attending a wedding in May of next year in Missoula, hoping to get some bear hunting in while I'm out there. Other than having a bear tag in my pocket while hunting mulies in CO, I've never done any Western bear hunting, and was considering hiring a guide to increase our odds. Anyone have experience or recommendations for MT spring bear guides that aren't associated with an outfitter?

There will be 3 of us out there (one of whom is mainly along for the experience, doesn't particularly care whether or not he gets a shot at a bear). Search results on Google mostly come up with all inclusive outfitters who put you up in a nice lodge, cook your meals, etc for ~$4k per person. That's a little more than I'm able to spend right now, so was hoping to find a guide who operates independently from an outfitter. No frills type deal where we are responsible for our food and lodging (/camping).

Open to backpacking in or staying in town and getting early starts to hike into glassing spots. Hopefully within a few hours drive of Missoula. Any guide recommendations or other suggestions appreciated!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back