Caribou Gear

Oregon Late Season Blacktail

Esau

1st post on here,Been following the post and looking at Pictures for awhile.about myself I Grew up in Fairfield,Montana till the mid 90s then moved to Oregon,Mainly a Bowhunter I hunt anywhere I can draw a tag in the west Elk,Deer an Antelope ,and do it On Your Own style. I did not plan on hunting much this Late Season here in oregon having already spent somewhere around a month out on hunting trips (mostly to Montana) already this year but the season was coming to a close an my brothers an hunting buddys had killed a couple nice Bucks earlier in the week so the pressure was on to keep up :) so I took a day off to chase some Bucks in the High Cascades,I found him bedded around 1 in the afternoon high a ridge right below snowline I got caught out in the open a 150 yards out but Useing a MT deer Decoy to hide behind and leave him scratching his head as how a hunter turned into a buck,I was able to back into some cover and put a stalk on him in to around 35 yards and get a arrow in him a 20 yard recovery and My 2010 season was wrapped up. Ronald Hostetler

Attachments

• RH2010Blacktail 008 picture.jpg
    RH2010Blacktail 008 picture.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,229
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back