N Idaho Whitetail

Kodiak06

I've been waiting on this hunt since Dec01 of last year when I grabbed a tag lol. I haven't whitetail hunted since leaving the South in 2010. Gonna head over soon and set up camp, check some cams I put out in July, and gather my firewood stashes if no one found them. I wrapped up my Oregon elk and blacktail deer seasons so prep for this hunt is all complete. I have another DAV that may show up, I hope he does anyway. Good luck to everyone hunting.

good luck, there are lots of white tails in north Idaho. i would not overlook areas that may be closer to town or highways. I have often seen more deer there than in the back country.

What unit are you hunting? I'm looking at getting an Idaho deer or elk tag on December 1 for next season and figured even if I'm way in the back of the line I could still pick up a whitetail only tag. Looking at the document online of how many tags they plan to give to NRs It seems like they give a lot of tags for units 8a and 10a. How did you do on your Oregon elk and blacktail hunt?

Good luck out there and hope you find a bruiser!

good luck, there are lots of white tails in north Idaho. i would not overlook areas that may be closer to town or highways. I have often seen more deer there than in the back country.
Thanks I spent a week scouting and hanging cams in july. Hopefully something decent in camera

What unit are you hunting? I'm looking at getting an Idaho deer or elk tag on December 1 for next season and figured even if I'm way in the back of the line I could still pick up a whitetail only tag. Looking at the document online of how many tags they plan to give to NRs It seems like they give a lot of tags for units 8a and 10a. How did you do on your Oregon elk and blacktail hunt?

Got a cow with a damage tag and killed a blackie. Hunting unit one here. If you’re thousands a way of getting a tag on December 1 just get off the computer and wait till April when they sell unclaimed tags, there will be hundreds of tags to choose from and they do that monthly throughout the summer. I’ll never sit on the computer five hours again knowing that.

We used to regularly hunt the small sections of state land near town and did just as well there as we did in big parcels of federal. Sometimes a little more competition, but there were deer in both places.

Goodluck @Kodiak06

There are some good bucks up there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back