Yeti GOBOX Collection

Old truck appreciation (and high mileage)

My '74 Bronco that doesn't qualify for the high mileage aspect of this thread. It has 108,000 miles on it, and it doesn't burn a bit of oil. I've done my best to keep it going, by keeping up on the maintenance. Unlike today's computerized rigs, I can actually work on this engine. I love this thing.
Beautiful old bronc! I have a 71 sport that’s red with a white top also. Pretty ridiculous what they’re worth these days.

My '74 Bronco that doesn't qualify for the high mileage aspect of this thread. It has 108,000 miles on it, and it doesn't burn a bit of oil. I've done my best to keep it going, by keeping up on the maintenance. Unlike today's computerized rigs, I can actually work on this engine. I love this thing.
That thing is sweet!

Time to let my 2011 Nissan Titan go. 196k miles on the clock, no major issues. I feel like that 5.6L will run forever

Here's my 05 with 204,000 trouble free miles. This truck has never let me down, regular cab, 4x4 with 5.3 has gotten me out of many potentially bad situations. Currently it's become my work truck dragging my welding trailer most days during the week. It will get retired to my weekend errands truck when I get around to building a welding rig truck.

On a side note, someone broke in and attempted to steal it the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of these have been stolen stripped and torched in my area. It took weeks fighting with insurance and shops to get the parts and get it back to work.
Screenshot_20230314_224231_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
S5001192.JPG
I have to add my old 84 Chev. One of my favorite/best bush rigs i ever owned. It had the 6.2 diesel and when she finally had to be let go she had 697,000 km on the odo. Up til the day we had to part ways she never missed a beat and i would take her anywhere, anytime. Just that confident in it.

Dang i miss that truck..............

View attachment 268582
I have to add my old 84 Chev. One of my favorite/best bush rigs i ever owned. It had the 6.2 diesel and when she finally had to be let go she had 697,000 km on the odo. Up til the day we had to part ways she never missed a beat and i would take her anywhere, anytime. Just that confident in it.

Dang i miss that truck..............
I have one. mtmuley 5204 (1).jpg

IMG_0014 (3).JPG
1998 stock Tacoma 4x4 @339,984 and being rebuilt.

New (used) 16" TRD Rims, Cooper stmaxx tires. Drove it to my mechanic buddy and he's got it going.
All new suspension and steering parts. Bushings and balls. Bilstien 5100 shocks in.
Rear springs rebent and a leaf added has been done and in.
New rotors in brakes.
All new U-joints.
He will replace front drive ends if needed. Check the transfercase and fluids.
Give both tranny's a go over. Auto's.
All new drive fluids...
Needs a new rear bumper,black.
Bar light on front so I can see....elk on roads.

It will be new underneath.
The engine next ,but it still runs great.

He knows folks.
Might get a painter to get the aluminum bridge metal cap off bed. Re-paint hood,cab top and camper shell.
It has earned the pinstripes. Just don't want it to rust or the camper to degrade because the thing has dings and scrapes and the finish is failing there.
Get rid of as much chrome(plastic) as possible. Paint the grill flat black. Wheels...?
Paint the bottom between wheels with bedliner to stop rock chips.

Bought this truck on the lot in 2000. 36,000 miles. $15,999. Had never been in 4x4,used for moving heavy stuff. Bed liner paint in and bed had a few dents. And the bed cap was on.
Bought the campershell new. Snugtop, insulated and has frame. Thule rack system on and it can hold 750lbs. Yakama basket.
Tempted to take the camper off but it has saved me. Never had anything stolen. They can't see in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back