Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Old truck appreciation (and high mileage)

View attachment 306294
1998 stock Tacoma 4x4 @339,984 and being rebuilt.

New (used) 16" TRD Rims, Cooper stmaxx tires. Drove it to my mechanic buddy and he's got it going.
All new suspension and steering parts. Bushings and balls. Bilstien 5100 shocks in.
Rear springs rebent and a leaf added has been done and in.
New rotors in brakes.
All new U-joints.
He will replace front drive ends if needed. Check the transfercase and fluids.
Give both tranny's a go over. Auto's.
All new drive fluids...
Needs a new rear bumper,black.
Bar light on front so I can see....elk on roads.

It will be new underneath.
The engine next ,but it still runs great.

He knows folks.
Might get a painter to get the aluminum bridge metal cap off bed. Re-paint hood,cab top and camper shell.
It has earned the pinstripes. Just don't want it to rust or the camper to degrade because the thing has dings and scrapes and the finish is failing there.
Get rid of as much chrome(plastic) as possible. Paint the grill flat black. Wheels...?
Paint the bottom between wheels with bedliner to stop rock chips.

Bought this truck on the lot in 2000. 36,000 miles. $15,999. Had never been in 4x4,used for moving heavy stuff. Bed liner paint in and bed had a few dents. And the bed cap was on.
Bought the campershell new. Snugtop, insulated and has frame. Thule rack system on and it can hold 750lbs. Yakama basket.
Tempted to take the camper off but it has saved me. Never had anything stolen. They can't see in.
The "Tank" looks pretty good the way it is!

The "Tank" looks pretty good the way it is!
Amador said there was a ton of mud underneath...no sh!t.
You wash your trucks off out here?
I have no nice clean driveway to do so. And I'm not crawling in the mud anymore to do so.
I wash it at the wash in Smallville and there's a pile O mud left and they get pissed.

Red and black, like my 82 was.
It will outlast me.

I clean the wheels. Inside the wheels.
Keeps your truck from vibrating apart on the hwy....LOL

99 Ranger 4.0 …my UTV…233,000 miles. If the motor goes down, I’ll re-power and keep running

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
2003 F150 4x4 207,000 miles. 4.56 gear detoit locker and brand new motor put in it in August last year. 36" Q-78 swampers 8x8 steel Bumper. My daily driver
20230628_193745.jpg

Reactions: LCH
My ‘99 7.3 superdukey. 330k found it in a dudes field beat to hell. Dumped way too much money it and run downgraded jet fuel in it 90% of the time. I used to build rear ends and transmissions for these and the second gen Lightning’s so I had some stuff laying around to beef up stuff here and there. Flatbed was a worthwhile investment, it’s like the pocket knives of trucks lol. I love driving it to my wife’s work events. She’s a doctor and has doctor friends with fancy rides and I drive a $300 truck running on waste fuel lol

Attachments

• 72183013484__CD68ADD8-E84E-40C8-ADBF-539DA82725A3.jpeg
    72183013484__CD68ADD8-E84E-40C8-ADBF-539DA82725A3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
My ‘99 7.3 superdukey. 330k found it in a dudes field beat to hell. Dumped way too much money it and run downgraded jet fuel in it 90% of the time. I used to build rear ends and transmissions for these and the second gen Lightning’s so I had some stuff laying around to beef up stuff here and there. Flatbed was a worthwhile investment, it’s like the pocket knives of trucks lol. I love driving it to my wife’s work events. She’s a doctor and has doctor friends with fancy rides and I drive a $300 truck running on waste fuel lol
Drive the same truck. Love the 7.3. No waste fuel tho, just diesel. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back