MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Oil in between Scope Base and Rifle

I buy brake clean on sale by the case.... millions of uses.
Brake clean works, the best I've found is "Quick Start" (ether). It is also good for getting the old oil out of your bolt (firing pin), quick insurance when it gets seriously cold out, you don't want cold thick oil slowing down your firing pin strike or your bolt function.

Different formulas for blueing, Aceton can mess with some of them and is also corrosive for many rubber O rings and such.

I always bead my scope mounts, one less thing to worry about. I Loctite (or a toothpick tip of superglue) the mounting screws and the scope rings screws. A little heat or Loctite solvent (or both) will help remove the screws if you have to. The last thing I want is to be out in the middle of nowhere and have the screws on my mount or scope rings to back out (has happened to me) and screw up my zero. I don't sweat a blemish on my firearms, to me they are hammers, not jewelry. Functionality is more important than beauty IMO.

The downside to epoxy is it can mess with the finish when removed and some epoxies shrink with age.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back