Caribou Gear

Off to 1st rifle CO

Did you see any elk on private land?

Oak, not till I got back to El Paso County. Go figure.

Usually see some heading up to that park, you know where. This time, NADA.

There were some bulls on public. When I dropped my uncles head off at the taxi, he was prepping one from young lady who had hauled one out from 3 miles in. When I scouted that same area, 3-5 miles in, I saw and heard absolutely zero elk.

sorry you didn't see much. we only got out one day. no bugling or anything but we did walk up on four small bulls in the timber but the wife was dragging a little behind and they were on the move by the time she saw them

Thought I'd post here, seems like the CO 1st rifle community. Set a camp way high, saw some good bulls. I had a cow tag, brother had a bull tag and came down from Denver. Opening morning, too wet so we went to another area. Bulls were bugling, couldn't get to the right drainage. Saw a bunch of cows, but wanted to get my brother on a bull. Later that night, I decided to shoot a cow with an hour left of light. Brother went down the trail, had some opportunities but the elk jumped the fence. Next morning, a nice 6x6 jumped the fence into private. Then, my brother says he's done :eek: We've got 3.5 days left and he decides to go back??? Anyway, had a good 1.5 days, got some meat, finished my master's this week, kids are healthy... life's good :) And, the bull that jumped the fence was shot opening morning of 2nd on private land- not bad. Had my old man help me take down camp with the horses... still elk in there.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 188
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts