Off to 1st rifle CO

Zach

Headed out to elk camp, getting in a few days of scouting before the season starts.

Everyone else that's headed out stay safe and good luck!

Best of luck. My 14 year old son has a 1st season either sex tag. The kid just doesn't have the fire.

If he'll get out of bed, I hope to get him on an elk.

Good Luck Zach.

My brother is coming down from Denver to hunt 1st season near home. I've got a cow tag so I'll get to tag along- he's been the unlucky one for years... we'll see if he can get it done.

second season,rocky mountain bull only,south side mount hood,me and my hunting partner,and love of my life,my wife carla.
hope you all have a good hunting year,and remember,we call it hunting,not killing.:cool:

Headed out to elk camp, getting in a few days of scouting before the season starts.

Everyone else that's headed out stay safe and good luck!

Being set up and in camp early could be a real advantage with the weather coming in tomorrow. Prediction is for 4-8 inches of snow in the FlatTops Wilderness area on Friday. I hope the weather pattern repeats for the second season.

On the way back from a Pronghorn hunt in NW Colorado, I stopped by my longtime elk camp. Elk were everywhere and I saw several very good bulls. Save me one.

My boy Sam's first elk. Taken today about 8 am. I'm one proud and tired Dad.

DSCF0708.jpg

Leaving Wed. am. Truck is packed, countdown is on. Twenty-six hour drive may kill us though. Brother and I hunting unit 14 second season, fingers crossed for hunting type weather, prayers said for safe travels. Good luck to all and enjoy every second of it.

Long Story short, I will be having soup this year, but I did help pack this bull out for my uncle who scored opening morning.

P1020101-M.jpg

Maybe a longer story when I get back home. Had to leave a day early. I'm in MO now getting ready to take a tour of the college my daughter wants to attend.

Can you find me a bull while your out

Sounded like it was slim pickens. Didn't hear many shots. Stopped and talked to all the Forestry workers I saw and they hadn't seen much. They have been marking a crap load of trees that are dead, from beetles or other, and cutting them down.

Talked to one Park Ranger, she hunted bow season, didn't see a thing.

This drought is horrible.:W:

Back