NV Draw Results 5/27

Looks like the Newberg's will be hunting mule deer, congrats.

Probably happier about that than most can imagine. Matthew is wrapping up his school and he said this is a year he wants to join me on another hunt. Spitz is with us on the same hunt. We drew the two NR tags for that hunt.

Honestly, if I don't shoot anything, fine with me. Just a week in camp with Matthew is the pleasure of that trip. Hopefully he won't screw us up by drawing something in AZ with the sack full of points he has for deer in AZ. Not sure 16 deer points will get you in AZ, but he is probably in the running, given the changes made in AZ.

Will be excited to talk to Spitz. He's got a lot to be happy about.

Late season cow elk for me. Rifle antelope for my son also archery deer for him.

I have a lady friend of mine that drew a Bares desert sheep tag with only 13 points. It's soo cool to see someone who is getting older, draw her dream tag and to hear her screaming with joy on the phone. For those of you that don't know, 253 is ranked as the top sheep hunt in the state.

I finally drew a NV elk tag! Late rifle 104, 108, 121. That was my 4th choice which GoHunt had at 16% odds. I also drew my 4th choice deer hunt; 221-223 archery. I had 221+ as the first 3 choices for elk, was hoping to draw the same unit for both deer and elk, but it didn't happen. "Funny" thing is I had 121 late archery deer as my 5th choice, which looks like the tag Newberg drew. Now wish I had drawn it, since that's same unit as my elk hunt. [correction, I guess Newberg drew a rifle tag]

And congrats to the others that drew, especially sheep!

Last edited:
I finally drew a NV elk tag! Late rifle 104, 108, 121. That was my 4th choice which GoHunt had at 16% odds. I also drew my 4th choice deer hunt; 221-223 archery. I had 221+ as the first 3 choices for elk, was hoping to draw the same unit for both deer and elk, but it didn't happen. "Funny" thing is I had 121 late archery deer as my 5th choice, which looks like the tag Newberg drew. Now wish I had drawn it, since that's same unit as my elk hunt.

And congrats to the others that drew, especially sheep!

We drew late rifle, which ends the day before your season starts. We will be a good source of intel, if it would be helpful.

Drew 10 mid again this year for deer and late cow in 7, both rifle hunts. It's gonna be cold up there in Jawbridge in Nov./Dec. I can't wait! This will be our second year in row in the Rubies for deer.

Congrats Randy. I hunted 121 late archery last year. Kill my first deer. You and your son are in for an awesome hunt!

Probably happier about that than most can imagine. Matthew is wrapping up his school and he said this is a year he wants to join me on another hunt. Spitz is with us on the same hunt. We drew the two NR tags for that hunt.

Honestly, if I don't shoot anything, fine with me. Just a week in camp with Matthew is the pleasure of that trip. Hopefully he won't screw us up by drawing something in AZ with the sack full of points he has for deer in AZ. Not sure 16 deer points will get you in AZ, but he is probably in the running, given the changes made in AZ.

Will be excited to talk to Spitz. He's got a lot to be happy about.

Its funny how much i worry about drawing too many tags, or hunts overlapping. But that never happens.

No NV tags for me.

We drew late rifle, which ends the day before your season starts. We will be a good source of intel, if it would be helpful.

Heck yeah I can use all the info I can get, will contact you when the hunts get closer, THANKS!

It was just one of those days for me . . . An awesome late rifle deer tag to look forward to with Randy and Matthew as well as a muzzleloader elk hunt during the rut in 161! Still speechless.

Back