PEAX Equipment

November Whitetails

nbell

Well another year in Northern Idaho, and another year of a ton of fun. Since it was just Dad and I rather than our normal group of 4, we decided to hunt from the house this year. I am generally very picky on this hunt, therefore it has been quite a few years since I have filled my tag. This year I felt an itchy trigger finger. About a week into the hunt, this guys was chasing a doe through the thick timber, I never did see his horns real good, other than to tell he wasn't a dink. He stopped one step before disappearing forever, and I still couldn't see his horns, so I gambelled and shot him. Wasn't as big as I'd hoped, but it sure felt good to fill the tag. Sorry for my crappy pics, we didn't get any until back at the house.
IMG_0253.jpg
This was about the time that the weather went to crap. Snow all melted, and it started to rain every day. Dad and I sat in our pop up blinds to stay dry, and he weeded through a few bucks that just didn't do it for him. Finally on day 15, this guy showed himself, and Dad couldn't resist. Great framed buck, just missing that elusive G-4. Was an old deer, he was missing half of his teeth. A doe was the end of him as well.
IMG_0270.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back