Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Non Resident WY whitetail tag

250Cooper

Hello
I am a resident of Colorado and have several in state tags for the upcoming season. I also decided at the last minute to purchase a OTC whitetail WY tag (area 11,12,13,14) - Eastern edge of the state. I don't know anything about the area except it looks like amazing Mule country. I saw one of Randy's episodes of Fresh Tracks where he was hunting Whitetail in Wyoming and I am hoping that someone can get me some tips or some intell on my hunt since I have not been in this area before. Any help would be appreciated!

If that includes the NE corner, you should be able to find them.

Look for river bottoms with thick brush. In my experience, they are a little more weary than Mulies. So be as stealthy as possible. Other than that, just enjoy! They are fun to hunt!

Agriculture and river bottoms, although accessibility to both is limited over there. First full week of November for the rut. Good luck.

Agriculture and river bottoms, although accessibility to both is limited over there. First full week of November for the rut. Good luck.

Yea, that's what I was hoping that I could find and get some access to (river bottoms and good cover)... looking at Google Earth, trying to identify best areas with reasonable access. 13 area seems to have a lot of the Hunter access parcels.

Mostly Central East edge. Basically straight East of Douglas WY. I am going to try and see which river/river bottoms I can hunt and access as my main strategy. Unless there is a better first strategy that you guys would feel is better?

the only tip I Can offer is always play the wind. Them whitetail have a nose And they use it. They are very aware.

I was there for archery and Rifle season last year looking for mule deer. Only saw a couple WT does, close to towns and at night near creek bottoms. Best advise I can give is to wait until the mule deer season opener rush is over then go out and start knocking on doors anywhere there are irrigation systems and green ag fields. The ranchers are fond of the MD but some will give up the WT, and would appreciate you shooting a doe WT. I talked to 3 guys that did it this way and filled their buck tags. There is very little public land in that type of habitat. Best wishes!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back