Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

No Walleye Yet

"WF

Sorry not trying to take over your thread, but since you gave me the ok."

LOL!! After a post like that I think I just need to cuddle. :hump:

That is what I dream of (when I'm not dreaming about hunting). :)

I think I've found my next big-game hunt.

--Bill

If you ever feel the need to hunt in NM for something smaller.... maybe like elk. I could sure help you.

Last edited:
Zander? ..... What????

Last spring we drove right past the Rainy to go to the Fox in Wisconsin. Boy was that a mistake!

P3270435.jpg

P3270438.jpg

P3270428.jpg

Doesn't even compare!

Abiquiu is about an hour away and we fish there most of the time. Here are a few pictures from past springs

There are also walleye in Cochiti, Clayton, Conchas, Santa Rosa, Ute, Elephant Butte, Caballo, and Ft. Sumner. But Abiquiu is closest to me.

--Bill

Crap, If i would have only know when I was stationed down there.

"Biggest was 29.5, I couldn't help myself had to get a replica."

Do you have in pics of the replica? I was thinking of getting one of the 26.5", but I'm hoping for something better.

--Bill

Heres a pic. of the replica the pic isn't very good from my phone, i'll try to get one with the digital camera, this one doesn't do it justice.

I'd definitely love to hunt elk in New Mexico, bowhunted Az a couple of times for elk and had good luck down there.

As far as fishing the Rainy, most people who've fished this early season, know it can be a fickle mistress. But if you're ever interested in freezing your butt off, we'd help you out.

Sometimes it doesn't open for big boats, so we have a pared down 14' alumacraft we can slide over the ice if no access' are open. This type of behavior is for very unintelligent people only:D We dumped my 17' over the shelf ice this year one morning, I wouldn't recommend it, but the good news, my bilge pump works like a champ.

Sometimes the feeder creeks break loose and muddy it up, then the jig is up figuratively and literally. Season is short and it takes awhile to clear.

And sometimes the powers that be open the flood gates at the dam in I. Falls and the debris and flow is just too much to fish effectively.

Buuuut if you can hit it just right, wow.

Attachments

• IMG_20110118_103611.jpg
    IMG_20110118_103611.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back