Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NM Unit 50

Erdgz

Hey everyone!

First time going hunting and first time getting a tag. I got unit 50 archery.

I am planning on hunting on Cerro De La Olla and Cerro Montoso as a backup. Thoughts?

Unfortunately I can’t do any scouting ahead of time so I am limited to escouting.

Anyone have tips/pointers, good places to checkout, etc…

Last edited:
IM sure your excited about 1st time going hunting but I wouldnt put an area IM going on a public web site for anyone and his brother to see
Good luck on your hunt

I should say I ask about your first time in order to better understanding on how to help. Everyone has to start somewhere, but how about a little background? You know the area a little, shoot archery for fun, or just on a whim decided to apply and grab a bow if you drew? Lots of answers for lots of scenarios.

I should say I ask about your first time in order to better understanding on how to help. Everyone has to start somewhere, but how about a little background? You know the area a little, shoot archery for fun, or just on a whim decided to apply and grab a bow if you drew? Lots of answers for lots of scenarios.
First time hunting period. Always wanted to try hunting so I picked up a bow about a year ago. I’ve been regularly shooting my bow since.

Edited to add that I’m an avid outdoorsman. I’ve been in the military for 8 years now so my fitness is good. I’m not expecting the hiking to be an issue.

First time hunting period. Always wanted to try hunting so I picked up a bow about a year ago. I’ve been regularly shooting my bow since.

Edited to add that I’m an avid outdoorsman. I’ve been in the military for 8 years now so my fitness is good. I’m not expecting the hiking to be an issue.
No offense but don't expect great results.

Use Google maps or whatever other e-tool to help you find water. There are drinkers out there. There are few elk in the unit, but they will be where the water is - find those drinkers.

David
NM

I daresay temper your hopes too. That is one tough unit to archery hunt. It is primarily winter ground.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back