NM Late Season Muley Hunt

Valley1320

Well back when draw odds came out back last spring I saw green for mule deer January hunt. I have bowhunted the January hunt for quite a few years now I have some private I hunt when I dont draw. And when I do draw I'll hunt some public and private both as some of the private I hunt borders the public. Season runs 1st thru the 15th.

I knew coming up the season I was gonna have very many days I could hunt and would haft to be happy getting to hunt a far amount of evenings for the most part.

Hadn't been seeing much for mature bucks either. Hadn't seen really any before the hunt that I was interested in shooting...

Start heading he way I get down low along the creek and starting working in. Get closer and closer to where he was nothing can't find him. Keep looking finally as its bout to dark to see I see him feeding in the mesquite on the neighbors just 100 yards of the state. O well maybe I'll get another chance at him

Next evening I decide to go to some private I can hunt where deer are coming out on a field. It's going good the nice buck is out in the field bout 120 yards out. 20240103_164809.jpg20240103_165536.jpgdeer are feeding angling towards me a lil this might work out. He's a decent 3x4 not really what I want but no more than Im gonna get to hunt I better not be to picky. He's a mature deer so I'll take him if I get a chance. Al sudden there's a pickup coming down the road on the neighboring property. They see the deer and stop. Guy gets out and sneaks to the corner of the field deer are watching him. I'm like I can't believe this guy is this dumb and at this point I get my phone out to take pics in case he actually trespasses or actually gets one poached. But as soon as he peaked around the corner the deer bust and haul butt out of there. 20240103_170023.jpg

Following. I just applied for next January archery hunts in NM 22 23 24
It will be my First time archery hunting mule deer in the rut if I draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back