NM Deer in the Gila

sheff

One week before we leave. Just thought I would ask for any last minute advice. I have hunted this area before with little success. Any thoughts?

Sheff

16 A or B?

I hear there are lots of roads and trails washed out. (or they were during Archery Season)

I don't know any specifics but that area is on my radar fotr the future. I'd be interested in your experience when you return.

Good Luck, Hunt Hard but most importantly, HAVE FUN!

We have hunted 16D in the past, looking at the same area again unless we can get inforamtion that one of the other ares is better. We were out there in April and it was very dry. It has rained alot since then so hopefully things have changed. If anyone ever gets drawn for elk or deer in 16D I would be glad to help.

Sheff

Sheff,
Drove down there last weekend. Primary roads are ok, but you still can't get into Collins Park from the north (Five Springs Canyon) or east (Y Road/Bursum Road). Lady in Reserve told me the only way in to Collins Park was through Negrito Canyon. Cottonwood Canyon is closed between John Kerr and Long Canyon. Road to John Kerr Peak is extremely rough. Side roads are hit and miss on how badly they were damaged.

mcelweed

Back