New Toy: Browning Hell's Canyon Speed

Great looking gun! I've been torn between this model and the new X-Bolt Pro. Just waiting on someone to get one of the pros in stock so I can see it in person.

Gonna be awhile, I was going to get one but local dealer said they wouldn't be available until March.

Gonna be awhile, I was going to get one but local dealer said they wouldn't be available until March.

I've been looking at the xbolt speed and pro, you can pick up a X Bolt pro on gunbroker for under $1700 in 300 win mag. not sure the pro is worth the extra $600-700 though. guess it is if you want one

I picked up a Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in 300 Win Mag and I figured I'd write some words for it.

First, I am very much in love with this gun. It shoots so smoothly. I put some rounds through it and it shot sub-MOA in every group. Ragged holes where in every group at 100 yards. The muzzle break works nicely and this does not kick anything like my old mans A-bolt in the same caliber with the BOSS.

I scoped it with a Vortex Viper HST. This is a ncie scope, too. The calrity and precision is evident. I just wish the magnification wasn't so hard to turn up.

All in all I am thrilled to have this combo ready to go for this season, even if it is half over.
How have you like this X-Bolt now that you have a few seasons under your belt with it? I have been eyeing an X-Bolt Western Hunter in 300WM and for the price, it's tough to beat. Love any advice now that you've shot your broomstick for awhile now.

How have you like this X-Bolt now that you have a few seasons under your belt with it? I have been eyeing an X-Bolt Western Hunter in 300WM and for the price, it's tough to beat. Love any advice now that you've shot your broomstick for awhile now.
It performed flawlessly. I passed it on to a friend since the thread on the barrel would not accommodate a suppressor. If that is in you future, get one that has the correct threading already. I have a Max Long Range now. It too has been flawless.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back