Caribou Gear Tarp

New Member from California

huntismyname

Hi all,

I'm a early childhood hunter whose whole family hunted but quit in my late teens and circled back a little over a decade ago. I grew up in Northern California, but now live in San Francisco. Surprisingly, I do a good deal of hunting and fishing close to there. My hunting upbringing was pretty traditional, and to this day 90% of my deer are from my family's (great great grandfather's) homestead and maybe 500 acres of public land around it. Pigs, turkeys, ducks, geese, and all other manner of critters are from all over California. I'm finally breaking the ice and going out of state, to Montana for a spring bear hunt, next week. Figured this would be a good opportunity to reach out to a little more community online too.

Thanks for accepting me. I'm a fan of Randy's and appreciate all he's done for hunting and public land.

Oh, and the username isn't anything clever. Hunt really is my name.

Last edited:
Welcome, Hunt! There really is some great (and underrated fishing near San Francisco). I used to fish Alpine Lake a bunch when I was going to college down there.
Of all the outdoor stuff I've done, hanging out at Alpine with family and friends has been some of the most memorable times of my life. Both my kids caught their first trout there.

Welcome to the site! You're very fortunate to have access to property in California. I lived in Sacramento area for 10 years.

Welcome from the Central Valley. Let us know how that spring bear hunt went!

Back