Hello from SJ/Kelseyville, CA

I have the 6.5 Grendel together also, but still need some cases to load some rounds!

I've never seen so many bucks at my property, they really liked being inside the shop when there was no doors. I was pondering if I was to put a salt lick inside, let them all go inside, close the door and get a bow out...j/k (my @$$#O!E neighbor would have me jailed...LOL)

You might want to dial 911 before you go inside. Those bucks will stomp your shit loose before you have a chance to get back outside.
I have heard that but have never cornered one to find out for sure. I have seen them jump over the neighbor's 6' fence that was supposedly put there to protect a vegetable garden by the previous owner. The current owner doesn't plant anything there. That one jumped over the 6' fence like it was about 1' high. If I grow a garden I'll build a small greenhouse to keep the deer out.

Missed your original intro post, welcome to HTalk. Can see why you want to migrate up to Kelsyville from SJ. Poor area but a fun and welcoming one. A lot more deer to hunt then people realize, plus Turkey, pigs, and a pretty decent little elk herd over towards Cache Creek if you ever get a tag.

Wife was just down there (Kelsyville native) for her 40th reunion. Her brother owns the Fosters Freeze overon the Lucerne side of the lake if you want a good burger!

Missed your original intro post, welcome to HTalk. Can see why you want to migrate up to Kelsyville from SJ. Poor area but a fun and welcoming one. A lot more deer to hunt then people realize, plus Turkey, pigs, and a pretty decent little elk herd over towards Cache Creek if you ever get a tag.

Wife was just down there (Kelsyville native) for her 40th reunion. Her brother owns the Fosters Freeze overon the Lucerne side of the lake if you want a good burger!
We could use a Foster Freeze in Kelseyville! I think there's one in Lower Lake, but I don't get to those areas very much, certainly not along the north coast as I'm on the south coast. I'm getting to like the lake more and more as time goes by, there's some bonuses for living in Lake County. DMV is not only cheaper in Lake County, but there is no smog requirement. And it seems more conservative in general, less homeless people, less crime, etc...so all of this is all relative, IMO.

One of the doors is operational, but they sent a torsion rod that is too short, should be 17' like the one we used, but the 2nd one was 14' 9". I ordered the doors from Home Depot as they delivered to my property, and they're taking care of the 2nd torsion rod. This is gonna be a great place to build $#!T...

Got my lift going, it had been sitting for about 2 years. Needed a new battery and I just ordered a neutral lock-out switch that only allows the lift to start when it's in neutral. This is a common failure on the Lion Liftalls. Good to have Lion Liftall in business still. (y)

Took a small compressor to my new shop and got the front tires filled, but it rained like a cow pi$$ing on a flat rock all day Sunday...:rolleyes: Starts up nicely with the new battery.:) This lift has the classic holes drilled in the end of the forks to mount a hitch and/or hook on. I have a hook that I will use to hang game on when I need to dress it.

forklift-tire-10212023.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back