PEAX Equipment

New from West TX

Westxhunter

Hello all,
Been hunting South Texas that last few years and decided why not try some new areas. I'm looking to get into Muleys and Elk. Hopefully pronghorn at some point. This looks like a great place, I think I'll stay awhile!

South of San Antonio near a town called Tilden. My father in law has a ranch down there and also some friends that have the same. No high fences, so the game move in an out freely. We've taken everything from whitetail, to hogs, to quail, duck, etc. I did see the back end of a mountain lion briefly.

Here's a view from one of the blinds. But I have more fun with spot and stalk.

Attachments

• IMG_20171118_152150.jpg
    IMG_20171118_152150.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 15
South of San Antonio near a town called Tilden. My father in law has a ranch down there and also some friends that have the same. No high fences, so the game move in an out freely. We've taken everything from whitetail, to hogs, to quail, duck, etc. I did see the back end of a mountain lion briefly.

I hunted the Paloma Cattle Co. Ranch/QUINTANILLA near there

I love the area.. So much wildlife out there. I wish there were more rain, but the pond on the ranch stays with at least a little water during drought.

No 17k for a bull is way too much. I hunted for turkey during a youth hunt years back but still keep in touch with the main ranchhand who does both.
Apparently they are public land-hunting unfriendly too. Have no trespassing signs all over the state land around the place. Which reminds me, I need to call the game warden.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back