New from Minnesota

ZAMBONIMAN

Hello all. My first post here and a little info about myself. I am 32, married 10 years and have 1 son that's 8 years old. Love to hunt for anything, fish for anything, and camp out pretty much anywhere.

WOW..... Now we might be talking :)

I like your Humor, Although I'm guesing it was a Serious post too :)

Just a little humor. smalls, I also like the Sioux, just had my little guy up at the Ralph over X-mas break to watch some of the World Junior Tourney, what a beautiful place...

Too Funny........:D They have a ice rink here right in the middle of the shopping mall that everybody stands around and watches the hockey players, skaters and NOW I know what the hell the thing is that they drive around the ice!!! ;) Never acurred to me that it would have a name! Thanks for the enlightening.:D

smalls, we went to a Wednesday afternoon game between the Czech Rep. and the Swiss. And bought tickets for the US and Belarus game later that night. Are you from around the GF area?

welcome
what parts of Mn are you from and do you have any leffisa (Sp) could never spell that stuff but man is it good to eat, but you can keep the lutikfisk. That is nasty stuff. Steve

300wsm-
Lefse! And yes, it is more than just good to eat. Norwegian food is the best part of the holidays. Whats even better than lefse is krumkake. That stuff is UNBELIEVABLE! I don't touch the lutefisk though, I'm not a big fan of the lye-cured foods.

elkay-
I am friends with some guys from herman.

Zamboni-
I grew up quite near GF. My cousin actually played on some of those great teams in the '80's (played with the Hrkac Circus). I live in Fargo now.

smalls, It is a 'small' world. I live in DL, been here for about 5 years. Grew up on the North Shore on the "big pond". I loved the sioux teams of the 80's, Ian Kidd was my idol. I didn't quite make it to D1 hockey though, being only 5'6" as a defenseman had a few drawbacks. Played out my college hockey years at the D3 level, but got to be kicked around by some D1 schools like Air Force, Alaska-Anchorage, Alabama-Huntsville,Minn-Mankato, and Bemidji. Had a lot of fun and got to see the US basically from top to bottom.

300wsm
Lefse, hate the stuff, the wife's family is Norwegian and they all love it.
Lutefisk, even worse. You cannot go into someone's house for weeks after they have cooked that stuff in their kitchen.
Me, I'm German. Bring on the kraut and klisken(sp). It's like a hard dumpling. My dad used to make ribs and kraut with klisken and bacon bits with a little bacon grease drizzled over them.

Save me a slice of Zorbaz 'za over ther on the big pond!

Ian Kidd! I remember watching him when I was a knee high! He actually scored one of the most famous goals in UND history against Minn-Duluth back in the day in one of the greatest comeback games ever!

My cousin was Steve Johnson and I think would have played one year with Ian.

Back