Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New AZ Member

MrFooGas

Hello Everybody!
Never been on this forum before. I just recently got into hunting 2 years ago. So far I have hunted quail in western AZ 3 times with only an Antelope Jackrabbit to show for it ;)
Either way, I have had a blast being outdoors on public land enjoying what nature has to offer in AZ. Now I am going Turkey hunting in unit 23 with 3 other newbie friends next Friday!
I figured this was the perfect opportunity to join the forum and pick some brains.
I look forward to spending most of my free time looking at this forum now and hopefully I can work up to some larger game in the future.
Thank you all and good hunting!

Welcome to the forum,Good luck next weekend.
Take some pics to share.If you want to hunt some Quail,
PM me in Oct.when the season starts. 🔥
Az. Native?

Welcome to the forum,Good luck next weekend.
Take some pics to share.If you want to hunt some Quail,
PM me in Oct.when the season starts. 🔥
Az. Native?
Awesome! I will definitely take you up on that. I will be going quail hunting again this season. Thank you!

Awesome! I will definitely take you up on that. I will be going quail hunting again this season. Thank you!

Gas,where you from?Archery hunter or rifle or both.Do you like to
drown worms? 🔥 Thurs. Football,gotta run!...

Gas,where you from?Archery hunter or rifle or both.Do you like to
drown worms? 🔥 Thurs. Football,gotta run!...
I'm originally from California but I was raised in AZ. I have a Bow im practicing with currently. I have a rifle but its a WW2 era hand me down so I need to upgrade when finances permit. I have mainly been hunting with a 12 Gauge at this point.
As far a fishing goes, I have been fishing many times over the past 5 years and boy do I love drowning those worms :) Never seem to catch anything though haha. Once again, I just love being outside and enjoying everything that goes with it.
Me and my Friends (Nitekast included) started camping a lot in High School on weekends and that progressed into more outdoor activities. Once we tried hunting we were all hooked.
Enjoy the Game🏈

Good luck on your maiden turkey hunt.

Something to keep in mind.......you make most any move (especially quick or exaggerated ones) when they are in visual distance, and you are toast. And they may have been able to see you for many minutes before you even know they are around.

Sometimes it happens like on the turkey call manufacturers videos. Most of the time it doesn't. Be safe, have fun.

Good luck on your maiden turkey hunt.

Something to keep in mind.......you make most any move (especially quick or exaggerated ones) when they are in visual distance, and you are toast. And they may have been able to see you for many minutes before you even know they are around.

Sometimes it happens like on the turkey call manufacturers videos. Most of the time it doesn't. Be safe, have fun.
Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep it in mind. Super excited to go out and hunt and also for the awesome people on here giving me advice.
Have a great day everyone!

Welcome and good luck. I have family that lives in Oak Creek, AZ. Would love to hunt and explore down there eventually.

Hey Gas Newby hunter here as well. if i may ask what type of bow are you practicing with? and why did you pick that one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back