Nevada Brute!!!

Antcap

We took our buddy Dennis McCarthy out on his very first hunt of any kind. Dennis drew area 195 after many yrs of applying and on the third day of the hunt we found him this absolute deer of a lifetime. Beginners luck!! I told him that he better quit while he's ahead. There was over 150 yrs of hunting experience in that truck helping him that day and none of us have ever seen a buck of this caliber. Great job Dennis!
IMG_20161007_071149874_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161007_071136111_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161007_071136111_HDR.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 869
Wow! And no camo to boot.

That hoodie is from the JCPenny High Desert line. In "Cheatgrass Tan", $19.99. It is all the rage with the Nevada crowd and as you can see it works great!:)

Last edited:
For a first... for a last... for a lifetime! The guy needs to play the lotto if he tops that bruiser!

He doesn't know anything about hunting except that it looked really fun when he rode along with us in the same area back in 2007. He borrowed the gun and everything else that he used. He doesn't really understand the magnitude of what he accomplished. If wasn't until the taxidermist told us that the buck dwarfed a 191 incher in his shop. It'll be scored officially for the Nevada record book and I'll let you guys know what if scores. I don't believe it'll go over the 200 mark, but then again I've never seen anything in person this big. He's 29 wide and 24 tall and the mass is unreal.

Nice buck. Boy I wouldn't of thought it was that big based on the pictures. I might go 180's gross? Will be neat to see the official score card. Congrats again!

If wasn't until the taxidermist told us that the buck dwarfed a 191 incher in his shop. It'll be scored officially for the Nevada record book and I'll let you guys know what if scores. I don't believe it'll go over the 200 mark, but then again I've never seen anything in person this big. He's 29 wide and 24 tall and the mass is unreal.

I originally thought 180-190 until the taxi saw it. He said you just never know but this deer just has everything going for it. It's just amazing when you see a big deer like this and just know that it's the one and doesn't need a second look.

I originally thought 180-190 until the taxi saw it. He said you just never know but this deer just has everything going for it. It's just amazing when you see a big deer like this and just know that it's the one and doesn't need a second look.

I would guess it would need more tine length to get to those numbers. I guess we shall see. Great buck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back