PEAX Equipment

Killed a nice 8-pointer in KY

A207X2

Last day of hunting for me. Everyone else in our group got their bucks except me. Hunted 8 hard days in the field from pre-sunrise to post-sunset with no luck. 5 minutes past sunset and here comes my boy 🦌. Looks like adult Bambi. Range him a couple of times and he presents a picture perfect profile at 151 yards. My Henry Big Boy 45-70 fires and down he goes with one shot. Just above the left shoulder joint for a double lung shot. Radioed back to the camp telling them that I won't be able to load this guy by myself. They wanted to send one guy to help, but I told them that it's going to take more than two guys to load him into the truck bed.

20231118_224016.jpg

They laugh over the radio and say "OK Boomer!". Three guys arrive and they have that astonished look - along with that pissed look because I just harvested the biggest buck of the group. 187 lbs hanging on the scale. Spending the rest of the evening processing Bambi to take back home tomorrow. BTW, we struggled with 4 guys to get this one up on the tailgate.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back