Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Need a spotting scope

williaada

Just finished a successful mule deer hunt out west, and I had originally planned on using my Swaro 15x56 binos set up on tripod to glass for deer. This worked extremely well except when I needed to make sure the buck had 3pt or more on one side. Prior to making my stalks.

Thanks

What's your budget and how much weight are you willing to pack?
Do you already have a sufficient tripod and head?
There is a vast difference between a vortex scope/tripod and a swarovski on a really right stuff.

Shameless plug for one I’m selling

I have a decent budget for this 2k is not out of the realm. The tripod is a aluminum suiri, and the head is a V5 fluid head.

What size should I look for, and I am looking for a lighter tripod any suggestions?

Kowa 66 or 77. Depends on if you're carrying it or not.
I've got the 66, friend has the 77. Great glass. Different eyepieces are available for both.

Shameless plug for one I’m selling

Here's a better deal on a better scope.. 😬

Last edited:
Swaro. I’d probably buy the ATX now so I could hike with a 65 bell and truck glass with a 115 Hubble.

I use the Swaro 65 ATS and love it.

Kowa 77 all day! Got mine through S&S Archery when Kowa was on sale. They have great customer service and told me that if I waited 2 months, they would be $300 off. Military discount on top and I had it for $1800.

Don't over buy on something like this that you use like 2 weeks a year IMO. There are plenty of spotters that will do what you need under $500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back